WHY GO ON A RETREAT?
- Going on a retreat is to withdraw oneself, to take a step back in order to hear our inner voice define our life. It is also an opportunity to start answering the following questions: Where do I come from? Who am I? Where am I going?
WHAT IS A SPIRITUAL RETREAT?
- A spiritual retreat is a time taken to remove oneself from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to enter a period of solitude whose primary purpose is to deepen our relationship with God, with creation, with others, and with oneself. Moving away from our hectic lives gives us the opportunity to rediscover our inner self, a special time to be with God, to recognize His impact on the story of our lives, and to explore further ways to conform to this relationship.
- At Villa Saint-Martin we offer a variety of retreats inspired by the Spiritual Exercises. For the novice to this type of exercises, we recommend a guided retreat.
WHAT IS A GUIDED RETREAT?
- You will have a daily appointment with a spiritual guide, for about an hour, who will listen to the account of your prayer experience, and help you hear and discern what is going on inside you. The basic material for these retreats is your experience and the Word of God. Your guide will suggest exercises to renew your spiritual fitness.
- Depending on your availability, your spiritual guide will help you determine the length of your stay.