November 28, 2019, 19 00 - 21 30
Learn – experience – share
Being Young and Jesuit
A free Discover Soirée mini-retreat at the Villa Saint-Martin
Facilitated by Young Jesuits
Thursday, November 28 from 7 to 9 pm
Why would a young adult today want to be a Christian, let alone a Jesuit? Join Jesuit teacher Erik Sorensen, Jesuit priest Sylvester Tan, and a young man applying to enter the Jesuits as they respond to Pope Francis’s exhortation to young people (Christus vivit) by sharing from their experiences of the life Christ offers in and through youth. Young people are especially invited to join us for this free evening retreat, but people of all ages are invited to join us as well as we learn about, experience, and share with one another the importance of youth for Christianity and Christianity for youth.
Do you want to send a question in advance to the young Jesuits who will be facilitating the evening? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7 – 9 pm (fellowship till 9:30)
- The event is free, but donations are encouraged
- Tax receipts are available for donations exceeding $25.
- Those who wish may join the young Jesuits and other participants for dinner and fellowship in the cafeteria at 5:30 pm. The price of the dinner is $ 20, and reservations for the dinner are required in advance and can be made by calling ext 0 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Young adults under 29 can join the dinner for a reduced price by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.